|We are thrilled to be included as an honoree on Fast Company’s 2021 list of Innovation by Design Awards in the Cities category! The Hub was nominated for and received honorable mention for the Hub Day Plaza, which opened in September 2020 as a welcoming gathering place for people experiencing homelessness in Memphis.
The Hub Plaza offers a suite of amenities including public restrooms, lockers, WiFi, electric outlets, seating, a shade structure, mail services, and staff available to create individualized pathways for each member of the homeless community.
See the full list of honorees here.
We are grateful to the team that helped make this incredible and innovative project happen, including:
- Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland
- Logan Meeks, President, Principal at A2H
- Perry Sponseller, Principal at Sponseller & McGary Construction
- Tylur French, Artist & Owner at Youngblood Studios
- Ellen Roberds, Principal & Co-Founder at Dragonfly Collective
- Jarad Bingham, Principal & Co-Founder at Dragonfly Collective
- The Kresge Foundation